This 2020-21 course we start with a new update of the Virtual Classroom of the Universitat de València, jumping to version 3.9.1.
Changes from Moodle 3.7 version to Moodle 3.9:
- New course overview block in the personal area, allows filtering by courses from the academic period or communities.
- New filters on the page of course participants or community. In addition, the mail is changed from the format firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com (long mail), keep this in mind when searching for users.
- Improvement in the Activities and resources selector. You can add most used activities and resources to the "Featured" tab
- Integrated H5P interactive content.
- Accessibility and usability improvements.
- Security and performance improvements.
- Link to the news of moodle versions 3.8 and 3.9 (note that some of these features may not be activated in the customization of the UV Moodle site).
Due to intensive use during confinement this academic year 2020-21 we do a clean installation of the application again.
Why is this done?
With a new and clean installation of the application we optimize the performance of the Virtual Classroom system to the maximum.
Until 01-09-2020, the 2019-20 course will be accessed with the address https://aulavirtual.uv.es or https://portal.uv.es and click on the Virtual Classroom icon.
From this date the courses can be seen at the web address https://aulaarchivo19.uv.es.
The teacher will be able to download the documents of his courses (documents pdf, docx, etc.) or make a backup to restore it in the new course 2020-21.
How can I access the new academic year 2020-21?
Until 01-09-2020 we can access it from the address https://aulavirtualnew.uv.es.
Please note that you will only be able to access your courses if you have the POD recorded by your department. From this date, you can access in the usual way with the address https://aulavirtual.uv.es or https://portal.uv.es.
The communities DO appear in the new environment. During the first week and last of August, the Computing Service will migrate the communities to the new Virtual Classroom facility.
During this month it is important that NO changes are made in the Communities because they are likely to be lost.
IN SUMMARY, from September 1:
- Access to the 2020-21 course and communities by entering the page https://aulavirtual.uv.es.
- Access to the 2019-20 course on the page https://aulaarchivo19.uv.es.
- Access to courses from 2015-16 to 2018-19 under request of unarchived and will be answered with the link to the course and that will remain active for 7 days.